Since I am doing Vegetarian Time’s 28 Day Challenge, I figured I’d do it DAMY style. DAMY Health offers vegetarian and vegan swaps for “Column A*,” which is mostly your protein source. When you are vegetarian or vegan, meat is not an option. On the Member’s Only section of DAMY Health, there is a list of vegetarian and vegan food options to ensure you are getting in your protein while following your DAMY Health plan.
As you all know may or may not know, I am on maintainance. This means since I am not trying to loss weight, I can afford to do things a little differently here and there, which I go into more detail in the first sample menu. However, when you are on a specific program, you must follow the meal plan that is given to you. I know I mention this in every sample menu but it’s important!
You may notice that there are several protein sources in the individual meals. The majority of the protein sources call for a one cup serving, such as chickpeas or quinoa. What I like to do is use half or even 1/3 of the serving so I can have a variety of foods for my meal. It’s always better to have variety and choices. At least that’s what I think.
How awesome is DAMY Health? There are seriously not enough words in the dictionary to explain my love! It has seriously change my life not only physically but mentally as well. I have tried all the programs so if you do have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email at NutritiouslySweet@gmail.com. If you haven’t already, check out more info about DAMY Health and its’ programs by clicking here. Or for more information on my DAMY Health experience, click here!
- Mix one whole egg and two egg whites with broccoli, onions and peppers and serve with whole grain toast.
- Pair with a banana (or other fruit) on the side.
SnackDAMY Health’s Basic Berry Smoothie
- Serve on a whole grain bun, wrap or pita.
- With a (plain) Greek yogurt on the side (sweeten w/ Stevia and/or cinnamon)
- You may also have a side salad with “free foods”* drizzled with some olive oil.
- Protein Source: Chickpeas, Tofu & Greek Yogurt
- Cook quinoa and black beans separately in olive oil, oregano, onion, garlic, pepper and parsley.
- Or choose whatever spices you like!
- Drizzle a little olive oil on spinach.
- You can also choose your choice veggies or leafy greens.
- Protein Source: Quinoa & Black Beans
Snack (If Still Hungry)
- Small handful of nuts or sometimes I have yogurt
*see any DAMY Health plan for details!
For more up to date information, check out the Facebook page here!
Need daily meal ideas, my workouts, and random tidbits? Follow on Twitter here!