So who is Sabrina and this “Nutritiously Sweet” site?
- September 1st, 2012 officially marked three years that I have lost 95lbs! Ever since I was five years old, I was about 15lbs overweight and since that time, my weight just fluctuated to a whopping 240lbs in 2007. Enough was enough! I embarked on a weight loss journey that took me a year and a half to complete my 95lb loss. I’ve always had a sweet tooth, which lead to a lot of my weight gain along with other personal factors. But now I am taking a different approach to life; living nutritiously one sweet tooth at a time while recreating my favorite sweets and treats and living an overall healthy lifestyle.
So tell us a bit about yourself.
- Well for starters, I am 23 years old and just learned that I am allergic to wheat, corn, peanuts, walnuts and sesame seeds in August, 2011. This really explained many of the symptoms I was having after eating. Since I started to lose weight, I began eating more whole grains, nuts, seeds and so on. It was hard to deal with at first, but I feel much better and haven’t suffered any severe symptoms since eliminating those foods. I was born in Bronx, New York and am currently living here in the NYC. I graduated from the University of Vermont (where are my Catamounts?) in 2010 with a B.A. in Geography and Psychology. I have two younger brothers, a mommy and a daddy. I love them all <3
What are you currently doing? Hobbies?
- I am currently working part-time and also going to school part-time. On my spare time I enjoying spending time with family, my wonderful boyfriend, Allan, working on my YouTube channels, reading, cooking, learning about nutrition, and working out. Oh and play with my pixiebob cat, Mr. Hercules
Any plans in the near future?
- I am currently going to school to finish my pre-requisites for my future Nutrition Master’s. I have “developed” a weight loss plan based on my experience but I would like to use the knowledge from school to make sure the plan is well enough to properly coach clients. Maybe even open up my own coaching? Who knows! Those are just some things in the works as of now.
Do you work out?
- Yes, of course! I finished up with DAMY’s Bikini Body and had awesome results. You can check out my review here. My workout routine varies but you can click here to read about my current workout routine!
What are some of your tips for living healthy?
- Some of the tips that I live by are watching your portions and exercising. I also like to make my meals in advanced and freeze them. That way if you have no time to cook, there is no excuse not to eat healthy. I also like to have emergency snacks such as Clif Bars or mixed nuts in my bag in case I get hungry when I’m out to avoid those evil chip and candy machines.
Can I contact you for information and/or weight loss advice?
- Of course, feel free to email me at NutritiouslySweet@gmail.com. Ask me anything, I am here for you.