It’s Friday, Friday!Or in my case, it’s my “Sunday night” as I am currently working the overnight. Remember how I said my work schedule was a bit stressful? I spoke to my this week boss and I managed to fix it to eliminate the majority of the stress.
The other night I saw a little frog hopping outside my apartment while I was heading up the stairs. In can y’all don’t know I love frogs. For me they are a sign of good luck.
When I went to check the mail right after, I received a letter I have been needing very much and it came at the perfect time. The man upstairs is watching out for me in more ways then one.
My brother Matty began another semester of college. It’s hard not to feel part mom when your little brother is your roommate. I have seen him grow from a shy kid in December to a more responsible young man today. I have a feeling we will be seeing the next Bill Gates graduate soon.
I also went to my six week post-op doctor’s appointment and guess what? I am very healthy and the lifestyle changes I made are paying off. What were some of those changes I was recommend?
- A daily vitamin and omega 3’s (for my eyes) was needed.
- It was also recommended that I lay off bodybuilding. Bodybuilding just wasn’t a good fit for my body and made some things worse including my back, nutritional issues (due to my deficiencies), etc.
- Limit caffeine. I had about 450mg per day and it was just doing more harm. So I limited it to less then 200mg. It hasn’t been easy but now I can have less then 100mg and be okay. I mostly stick to decaf but if I am out and about, I’ll grab a small iced soy latte at Starbucks where one shot of espresso has 75mg of caffeine.
- Sleep? Self explanatory. It is needed.
- Overworking? Same as above. Now that my boss allowed me to change my schedule a bit, I can sleep better. Never been happier to get sleep.
Now on to this “crepe” recipe. This may look weird and it isn’t exactly a recipe saver, but I was craving a pancake and decided to whip up something with what I had on hand.
So I made a gluten-free almond butter & chocolate chia protein crepe with blueberries and a sugar-free chocolate fudge sauce from a few things. That’s a tongue twister there ain’t it?
As for the macros? 25g Carbs/ 20g Protein/ 8g Fat on average. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Almond Butter & Chocolate Chia Protein Crepes
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tsp of Chia Seeds
- 3 oz. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Packets of Stevia
- 2 Tbsps of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (or Chocolate Protein Powder)
- 1 Egg White
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 2 tsps of Baking Powder
Put all the ingredients in a blender, blend and cook like a crepe/ skinny pancake. Place some almond butter and extra berries inside, roll up then top however your heart desires. The sugar-free chocolate sauce that I made was just 1/2 Tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 Tbsp sugarfree maple syrup. Dig in and eat!
Question: What’s a recipe you made out of random things in your house? What was it and was it good?