My Weight Loss Story:
- September 1st, 2011 marked a 95lb weight loss maintained for two years! Two years is a crazy long time. My weight fluctuates now between 144-146. I was always overweight ever since I was 5 years old. I saw a school journal my mom had of me for every grade and in kindergarten I weighed 80lbs, ouch. My highest weight was 240lbs back in 2007 in my sophomore year of college. I couldn’t believe that I weighed that much. Enough was enough. I started out by cutting out my daily pack of M&M peanuts, which I don’t even really like anymore! But I really wasn’t focused as much during that time. It wasn’t until I took a leave of absence from college for a year to study closer to home that I decided to give it my all. I knew I had to do something, but where to start?
How I got started:
- I started with my main problem: portion control. I loved to eat cookies, candies, crackers, cake and cereal to name a few. But my portions were out of control. I realized that I was eating almost 3 servings of cereal for breakfast. Not a very good start to my day. So I bought myself some measuring cups and started buying those 100 calorie pack cookies and snacks. As the months went by I began pairing the 100 calorie snacks, such as granola bars and crackers, with apples and bananas. A year later and it went to just bringing a fruit salad of sliced grapes and strawberries for a snack. I was very proud of myself.
The Next Step:
- Now that I was going to school closer to home for my junior year of college I had to deal with something more difficult than losing weight; my dad. Okay, I’m only joking. At that time my dad was very into going to the gym and kept begging me to go with him. I would get so annoyed. One day he asked me and I just said, screw it I will go. I wasn’t going to let him bother me all year, right?
- My dad took me to Bally Total Fitness, which is where he was a member of. It was all very strange to me; all these sweaty bodies young and old and people glued on the machines. The guy at the front desk gave me a tour and the only machines I knew were the bike and treadmill. So I hopped on the treadmill next to a sweaty older lady who appeared to be going 4.0mph. Since I wanted to go fast like her, I put the machine to 4.0mph and I almost died! I couldn’t belive how out of shape I was. Here this little old lady is going faster than me…no, no! I started out small that day at 2.8mph/ 3.0mph, and I fell in love with the feeling of working out. There was no stopping me now. In the end I thank my dad for his nagging…thank you dad!
- 95lbs DOWN! Gone forever and never to return. I became very interested in nutrition and living healthier. This was going to be my new lifestyle change for good. I took a nutrition class and a weight loss class at the University of Vermont when I returned for my senior year. I learned so much about the body and eating better that I continued my quest for knowledge.
Weight Loss Coaching:
- I became a certified weight loss coach in June of 2010 for Lucille Robert’s Live Rite program. Here I helped several clients lose weight by designing a weight loss plan that could work for them. I no longer work for Lucille Roberts, since I moved to Florida in late 2010. It’s was a great program filled with advice on changing your eating behaviors and living healthier; advice I still follow today.
What’s in the Works?
- I am currently attending school in Massachusetts to fulfill pre-requisites for a future Mater’s in Nutrition. Hopefully, I plan to use that to become a nutrition and wellness coach in the near future. I developed a weight loss plan that can work for anyone as it worked for me to help you lose weight and clean up your diet. Once I finish school, I should have more knowledge to make the plan even better. If you have any questions or want to know more about my weight loss or weight loss plan that I followed, please feel free to email me at NutritiouslySweet@gmail.com.
Anything is possible <3